Capture hazardous spills from railroad tanker cars
EcoSolutions Railroad Spill Containment Pans have been designed to provide railroad spill containment at industrial rail sidings and locomotive maintenance facilities. The modular design can be used for spill control for everything from small drips during maintenance to catastrophic spills from tanker cars.
- Railroad pans may be used to collect small spills and leaks OR to capture and channel off significant spills caused by defective equipment or a major overflow.
- Long work life - Estimated to perform 20-30 years.
- Modular design - Center and Side Pans are 53.5" long; railroad spill containment areas can be easily assembled to any length desired
- All-polyethylene construction - Rugged Track Pans withstand harsh chemicals and are designed to function in temperatures ranging from -40°F to +140°F.
- Sealed System - Polyethylene gaskets keep spills from falling between the rails and Pans.
- Below grade piping - All Center and Side Track Pans are molded with pipe fitting locators at their lowest point. Below grade piping can be installed to channel large spills to oil/water separators, holding ponds, etc.
- Unique stormwater feature is designed to eliminate "pooling" of rain that falls on top of the Center Pan Covers; rain is channeled onto the ballast between the tracks, stays out of the Pans.
- Low Maintenance - unlike carbon steel track pans, these will not rust or corrode. Polyethylene resin is treated with a UV inhibitor, resists degrading effects of the sun.
- Low Cost Installation — Lightweight Track Pans can be easily installed without heavy lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, cranes, backhoes, etc. Minimal tools and labor required.
- Slip Resistant Surfaces - Pans, grates and covers have been designed with safety in mind. All top surfaces resist slips when wet or oily.
Railroad Spill Containment Pan
This Railroad Spill Containment Pan comes in 4.5' sections.
Each section includes:
(1) Center Pan With Grates (53.5" x 53.5" x 6")
(2) Side Pan With Grates (53.5" x 27.5" x 6")
(1) Package of Rebar Fasteners With Protective Caps
(1) 3" dia. Bulkhead Fitting (for below grade piping)